Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help wanted from you Planet men

I have now attempted to video Saturn 5 times with rubbish results so I now seek help.

I use a Neximage camera and Registax. On capturing I have tried every setting I can think of at various exposure times.

I have found that I can only get an image using 1/10 sec @ 10 fps and then I need to have the brightness full and gain 75%.

I have focused it as well as I can using a motor focuser to prevent vibration I am using a 2x barlow and stacking at least 900 times. I have tried cutting the stacking down to fewer better frames. Last night Saturn was high, no moon but the stars were twinkling a little. I have attached the best of the larger results, stacked but not wavelets for your advice. I find that if I remove the Barlow and take a smaller picture I get better results and I do also get colour which I don't with the bigger. I have also attached one of these as well but this time Waveletted. If anyone needs any further info. let me know.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Robin

Getting a decent image can be frustrating and it can take a while.

Don't know much about the Nextimage, although I assume it is similar to a Toucam in operation.

I use 5fps, speed 1/33 with the Gain high to begin with to aid image acquisition and focusing.

If you can give me a full run-down of your set up and settings or even a copy of one of your AVI's I would be happy to help.

I would say that the focus is a bit out on your top image. With Saturn I find it either helps to focus on something like Titan or to get it so that you can see the gap between the rings and the planet.

I have attached a screen grab from an AVI I took last night to give you an idea of what I can (sometimes)get. The final result is elsewhere on this forum.

Don't despair.

Geoff

post-13129-133877326518_thumb.jpg

Archived