NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Unsure about my new Hyperion Mark III + CPC

Hi

I've just received my hyperion mark III in the post and I've taken it out for a test run on my new CPC 925 by looking at the sheep behind my house.

The first thing I am unsure about is how it fits into the celestron 1.25" diagonal. The 40mm that I recieved with my telescop fits all the way in the hole and then the screws can be easily tightened. If I put the hyperion all the way in then it touches the 2 metal thumb screws, so I have to put it in just some of the way and then tighten the thumb screws. Is that ok? It doesn't seem right somehow.

THe other issue is that the image doesn't seem as clear as the 40mm that I got with the scope. The 40mm with the scope looks crystal clear but this doesn't have the definition that I expected.

Also the eyepiece seems more sensitive to vibrations caused by touching the scope or changing the focus.

Maybe these aren't issues, I really don't know as I'm completely new to astronomy. Any help you can give me would be great.

Cheers

Chris

The zoom is giving higher magnification so that makes the vibrations seem more of a problem. At higher magnification the image is dimmer, which might partially account for the reduced sharpness you mention.

Using it on sheep the view is bound to be a bit wooly lol. I was looking a the moon in daylight on Sunday with the Mk2 and 925 and it was allmost washed out. It will be much better at night time.

It's a substantial eyepiece and the 1.25" diagonal is a tad flimsy - a 2" diag works a treat. IIRC using it in the small diag all the way in clashes with the mirror. There are shoulders on the barrel - I couldn't tighten up between them as it's supposed to.

Stick with it till you get good seeing at night - you'll be pleasantly surprised how sharp and contrasty it is - especially with planets :hello2:

Archived