Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Back from the trip. :)

Manok101

just wanted to say that I'm back from my observing trip, a day early due to unfortunate circumstances at home, but i had a few hours each night of observing time on the mountain. M51, M25, M12, M3, Saturn, M4, M57, Owl Nebula(cant remember the m number) M31, the milky way, and a shooting star. My main question is it was very hard to distinguish the difference in star color, even with the telescope and I was wondering why that was when down off the mountain at home I can tell every color with the same equipment? It was exactly like looking at stellarium, the ones I knew I could pick out, but I didn't recognize the rest due to the extra stars. I observed a few other things but cant remember right now what they were. I could actually make out the hole in the ring nebula, and see detail in m51, I also saw the smaller galaxy next to it. It was probably my favorite thing I saw the two nights I was there. I cant wait to go to a new dark site, or at another time of year.

Archived