Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

philips spc900nc on a notebook?

Astrodread

Hi Astro,

I use one on an Asus netbook which is 1.6GHz processor and 1GB of memory with Sharpcap. I used to use an older slower Dell, but whilst it worked okay, my Dell is so full of stuff that it takes ages to boot.

I get around 20 fps with the Asus.

Regards

Robin

Hi,

I first used the SPC880 on a Skywatcher 127 mak and took some pictures of Jupiter using a 2x barlow. I have since upgraded to a Skywatcher 250 flex tube and had a go at Saturn, but so far I haven't managed to get very good pictures of either. Something always seems to go wrong for me during an imaging session.

I have attached the best pics so far, they were taken at around 10 - 15 fps using Sharpcap and then stacked using Registax.

I am currently experimenting with a MS Lifecam HD cinema, it's got nearly twice the pixels of the SPC880, but so far I haven't had chance to use it on Saturn yet, just tests on terrestial objects, but it does looking promising.

Regards

DrRobin

post-23264-133877622282_thumb.jpg

post-23264-133877622284_thumb.jpg

Archived