Finder Scope

I suspect that the 8SE is fitted with the same RDF that comes with the 6SE (which I have).

Personally I always found it to be useless with the amount of light pollution near me, so I ditched it and replaced it with a wixey, as I only ever used it for alignment anyway.

Have seen these and wondered how they were used....cheers Demon

As far as I know anythng can be used as a finder scope couldn't it? as long as it has low magnification and a nice wide FOV and your able to mount it on the scope. If you were looking to upgrade to better finder scope I have seen the Orion 9x50 right angle finder recieving great reviews. If you wanted to move away from a finder scope then there are red dot finders such as the Telrad that is on my shopping list

the Orion 9x50 right angle finder recieving great reviews.

http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/info_07212.html

Its a bit out of my price range at the mo but perhaps one day. I only have the SW 6x30 finderscope but as it doesnt have a rightangle its a real bitch when looking straight up. Id deffinatly recommend going for a 9x50 at least but im only a beginner in all this. Some of the more seasoned members may have a better sugestion

Archived