Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

102mm Refractor Tube and Cell

I have an achromatic objective made (I believe) by Vixen about 30 years ago. Aperture is 102mm (4") with a focal length about 1200mm, ie f11.7

I wish to restore it but need a new tube and cell - does anyone know if anything is currently available that it will fit?

Chris

Olly,

Many thanks - I've phoned them; they were amazingly helpful/knowledgeable and have suggested a couple of ways forward.

I've contacted Vixen as well to see if they've got any old bits and pieces in a cupboard somewhere. The lens has been in a home-made tube assembly and has given me 30 years worth of stunning views of Solar system objects - I want to try and get it up-and-running again because despite the slight false colour, it does give good views eg of shadow detail on Venus, that I can't get with my other two (modest) scopes.

Chris

Not only contacted, they replied within an hour.......double miracle. They suggested a rather expensive solution - difficult as I am one of the nouveau pauvre ie retired!

However, they have contacted Vixen in Japan so maybe they have a solution.

Chris

Archived