Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eye piece conundrum

Tim Armes

UK Astro Buy & Sell is UK / European and a good place to browse until you have access to the SGL Buy & Sell section. The rules on access to that are there for a good reason so I hope you can respect that :)

I'm sure they are - but purely for my culture, what is the reasoning?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the SGL "Code of Conduct":

"The Buy & Sell section

Access to SGL's buy and sell section is a privilege that has to be earned, You can do this by accumulating 50 posts to your credit and be a member for more than 1 month.

This has been initiated so that people can't just join the forum so they can off load or buy up astronomy equipment.

Posting an advert on behalf of someone who is not a member of SGL or on behalf of a member not entitled to post an advert due to our 50 post/one month rule is not permitted.

Linking to an external site to highlight an item you have for sale is not permitted on our boards.

Please note that the Buy & Sell section is primarily for our members personal "astronomical" equipment.

Any commercial use of this section will have to be cleared by Admin PRIOR to any sales activity."

Hope that helps :)

Hi Guys,

I'm still deliberating - and struggling - with a good choice of eye pieces.

I've have just discovered that the Meade SWAs, which generally seem highly regarded, have been phased out. As a result there's still available from some shops for great prices.

I thought I'd get a low power one while I still can, but I'm unsure of the most useful power to get. I can find the following:

20mm (60x), 24mm (50x), 28mm (44x), 34mm (35x)

Bearing in mind that I already have a 16mm, which of the above would you think I'd find most useful?

I also planning getting a 8mm -10mm something-or-other and perhaps a 2x Barlow.

Tim

Archived