NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

nexstar 6se visualback slop

hi all ive got this from new and something has being bothering me ever since i have got the scope before attaching the visual back there is quite a bit of movement in the visual back to visualback mounting ring

now to the telescope tube where the vusualback fits , the flandge of the visual back sits on the threaded adapter where there is side to side movement of the visualback at least 1mm before tightening of the mounting ring will this affect collimation as there maybe a solution if so

on the threaded adapter inside there is a 1mm space between baffel tube and top of the would it be better to lathe the flange down to fit inside this and then tighten up the visual back then collimation wouldnt wander

hope it makes sense

david

The movement in the visual back always annoyed me a bit. No problems now I have a 2" Baader visual back (needed that for my flip mirror). Having said that, I never noticed any degradation of the image quality as a result of potential misalignment. If the inside of the screw part is slightly conical, it should centre itself properly.

Archived