Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pricing

The thing that annoys me is that these huge price differences are on stuff that isn't american - that comes from china, as well as on american made stuff. So the shipping costs (which by boat are quite reasonable) will be roughly the same and therefore can't be excused.

It does seem that (the small amount of) british made astro gear does sell at roughly equivalent prices in the UK and US, though if you really want to get ripped off in royal proportions, try buying astro gear in continental europe - even british made stuff, including comparable rates of VAT (and no duties payable on intra-EU trade) is much more expensive.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say that if you order from abroad and are prepared to take the possible hit on charges and any expenses incurred if the item develops a fault (not including your time and effort chasing) then take a punt.

If you search the forum there are many instances of people doing this BUT there are also cases where things didnt go so well (RobH's scope for example)

Personally if the item is large (size or value) or has electrics in it then i would rather keep it in the UK as it will be easier and cheaper to sort out.

As for Rip off Britain....... , if you dont like it you dont have to stay :)

Archived