NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

webcam too far in/out?

tiredboy

I have a meade etx80 with a modded philips webcam (from morgans). A probelm I have is that I can only seem to focus it when the barlow is "flipped in". Without the barlow i can focus far/close enough to get a clear image? I can't remember from memory whether i can't go far enough in or out but I hit the stop before I get to a clear image.

With the barlow I can get it reasonably crisp (well I could before this long running bad whether - although i siuppose bad weather is expected as I've just got my scope back, sorry anyone else in the caribbean!)

Any suggestions?

IIRC the barlow makes the focus point further out, so I would guess that you cannot get far enough in. Unfortunately, that is the way round that cannot be fixed, as you would need an extension tube with a negative length :) [short of taking a hacksaw to the e/p tube and cutting a bit off :D - not recommended]

Archived