Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SPC900 Driver Problems

steelfixer

Does anybody else have a similar problem to me. I'm running the Philips SPC 900 webcam using the Philips website driver. I'm using Sharpcap but I am finding that the control panel that comes with the Philips driver is overiding the Sharpcap control panel. I have tried all variations of settings on both panels, but I still get problems with the Philips control panel overiding the Sharpcap control panel. Has anybody else experienced this or more importantly can anybody tell me how to switch the Philips control panel off?

Many thanks

Graham

Graham,

I presume you mean the little app that lurks in the taskbar after you have installed the spc drivers. I have always disabled this as I find those sort of taskbar apps annoying (and too many of them slow down your PC). I think it tries to synchronize its values with the camera every second or so, so it could override the sharpcap values - sharpcap only sends values to the camera when you change something in the controls.

I can't remember if you get the option to close it down from its menu, if not you can kill it using task manager. A more permanent approach would be to stop it from running every time you start the computer. There is a nice program called 'autoruns' from Microsoft that lets you list all the stuff that runs when your computer starts and disable things you don't want. Do be careful not to disable things at random though or you might end up with a computer that doesn't work :)

Robin

hi Robin

so you are the author of this brilliant programme.

It is a pleasure to say thank you personaly.

I think you have my problem down to a tee.

if i click on the options button ( i think it is the options button) in the sharpcap window the spc dropdown menue appears. it lets you set the camera up for frame rate. digital zoom ect and in the settings tab it gives you the option to have full auto

turn the auto white on/off , indoor outdoor fluresence light ect.

that is what i am on about killing.

I hope that makes sense.

I just wondered if there was a driver for this camera with out all that on it.

If not I guess its going to have to be the autoruns option. (not looking forward to that option.)

thank you

graham

Graham,

right, starting to get a bit more of an idea of what is going on - I think :)

I think you are using the 'Video capture filter' option from the options menu to show the full SPC900 property pages, and that when you do the settings for things like brightness are overriding the ones from the right hand control panel - correct?

The first thing is that if that is right, my guess about having to use task manager and autoruns to kill things off is rubbish - no need for that :(

The second thing is that in general the idea of SharpCap is that you shouldn't need to access this menu item - the controls that you need for astro use are in the right hand control panel for access at all times, so the advice would be 'dont do that!'.

If there is something particular that you want to adjust that is in the full settings dialog that isn't available in the right hand panel, let me know - it's possible that I could add it to the right pane for a future version. Another thing I could try is to re-apply all the settings from the right hand control panel after the settings dialog is closed.

Hope this helps a bit and glad that you find the software useful,

Robin

brilliant that is the driver i probebly need.

I will give it a go tonight.

I did try switching every auto function on this tab off before closing the tab last night and it seemed to work.

I will try the new driver when I get home and with a bit of luck this drop down menue will dissapear for good.

thanks for your help.

graham

Archived