Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Widefield NGC 7023 Iris Nebula : 11 hours

Catanonia

So difficult with the short nights recently and only being about to grab about 2 or 3 hours of data per night.

This was imaged over 4 nights to give a total of 11 hours. 5 on Lum and the rest on RGB

The luminance was unbinned on 10 min subs and the RGB was binned with 10 min subs, then combined in PI to give the final image.

Such a hard image to process and I must have spent about 5 hours on it, struggling to get the faint dust lanes to show amongst all of of the star background. Learnt a few things with PI DBE I can tell you as well as a few tricks along the way.

This was imaged over 4 nights, late May to early June with my widefield setup. Williams Optics WO66 with the Flattener II attached giving about 300mm and F4.9, all from my backyard in Cheshire.

Mounted on a EQ6 Pro and ADM side by side with a ED80 as a guide camera. The CCD used was a QHY9 mono with the QHY9 2 inch filters.

The image has been cropped a bit for framing and I suppose about 20% of it is missing, to give you an idea of the FOV.

My head hurts with this one, so here is my final crack at the processing, I hope you like it. It is the best I can do at this time of year with no real darkness to speak of.

Time to pick another long term target.

Cat

post-16631-133877613705_thumb.jpg

Archived