Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Total Lunar Eclipse Saturday 3rd March

Adrian Condon

Just a quick reminder that there is a Total Lunar eclipse on Saturday evening (3rd March 2007). The moon goes a reddish brown colour as the Earth casts its shadow.

Good opportunity weather permitting to get some images.

Happy hunting.

Adrian

Wonderful Clear skies here, Can already see Venus in the West and Moon rising on the East. Was clouded out for the last two total lunar eclipses so cant wait.

There's gonna be lots of non-astronomy minded ppl watching this so lets hope it's an astronomy hook for some of them Wink

Those of us showing friends through the scope, don't forget to show off Saturn while were at it. Got plenty of waiting time during this eclipse!

Good luck all, and enjoy the show.

I'm off to polar align and hunt out all the binoc's I can find in the house!

Matt

Folks,

Here in Kings Langley, the weather is brilliant, cold and clear, we had rain and hailstones earlier in the afternoon, but have great views of the moon. I have taken some photos and will check the quality tomorrow morning, I am frozen solid, I have been out in my shorts for 2 hours............. mad :lol: we could have a frost by morning.

The last total lunar eclipse I saw, the moon was a lot lower in the sky, so it appeared bigger and browner.

Anyway, I am off for a deserved whiskey.

Cheers

Adrian

Archived