NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Double Star Challenge in Scorpio

Ad Astra

I posted this in the beginner section, but as not everyone hangs out there, I thought I would post a link <HERE>.

There is a lot more than M-80 and M-4 in Scorpio! I've listed and mapped 13 excellent doubles and multi-star systems in the 'Claw' region of Scorpius (one is a 6-star cluster with two close doubles!) All the targets are north of Antares so as to not cut out those in the more northerly latitudes! :)

The lab sheet has a detailed star map and instructions, and a place for your data as you go through it all at the eyepiece. Lots of fun and challenge for all, from binocular users and small scopes up to folks with large dobs and refractors.

Summer fun for everyone! Hope you enjoy it! :)

Dan

As you wish, I usually post in the beginners section as I've had so many ask: "I have my kit, now what do I do with it???" and I have a lot of folks following along with my astronomy class labs.

Don't mean to be a hog about space on the site, though - just trying to be accomodating! :)

Cheers,

Dan

Archived