NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

your camera set for astrophotography

I am seeking views as to set ups when using a digital SLR attached to your scope. At present I put my Canon 350D directly onto the eye mount using the adaptor that came with the scope, so in effect, I remove the lens, then attach a t connector then basically attach it directly to the scope. Problem here I feel is it does not allow me to view wider or closer than the set up will allow.

I do have the lens adaptor where I can place an eyepiece into it then attach it to the camera, problem here I find is that you end up with the eyepiece circle showing on the picture. I have read some of your messages in respect of filters, colour filters etc and was wondering how you go about fixing via the camera to the scope.

I do have a toucam, but that means then getting a laptop so I can use it outside. Any pointers would be welcomed, thanks.

For a closer in shot you can use a Barlow lens between the camera and 'scope. For wider angles you can use a focal reducer, but they require more in travel of the focuser than you can get with a lot of Newts. My 200mm f/5 cannot use a focal reducer for this reason.

The eyepiece adapter is usually used on the 'scope, when the 'scope comes with a T thread and no eyepiece adapter. It can go between the 'scope and the camera, in which case you can (very carefully) use it to hold a filter. I assume you have the low profile one on the Modern Astronomy website?

Captain Chaos

• 4 weeks later...

Archived