SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clouds perfect? timing

MorningMajor

At about 8pm the sky was perfect, deep blue not a cloud in sight as the sun sank lower to the horizon. An hour or so later I set the scope up to let it cool, and returned about 10.30 and got a perfect alignment and got a beautiful clear view of Saturn in my Barlowed 15mm EP, booted up my laptop, connected the webcam, re focussed and bingo - crisp and clear ready for imaging - then, slowly it faded from the screen - I looked up just in time to see it disappear from view as the clouds rolled in.

How typical is that? I stayed out for the next hour or so and was teased, as during occasional clear periods the object of my night's attention briefly reappered - but nothing worth capturing.

I know it's par for the course with this hobby but really - if it had clouded over half an hour earlier I wouldn't have bothered getting everything set up, and, with it not being dark enough until late I can't "try again tomorrow" as work will raise it's ugly head!

Oh well, there's always next weekend isn't there? - and that just sums our lot up doesn't it!!

Clear skies all!!

Yep, up here to, it's just started to rain quite heavy as well, and the wind has picked up, like you said there always next weekend, plus it a bank holiday on the Monday as well so a long weekend :).

Archived