NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dew Shield for NexStar 6 SE

I have recently ordered the NexStar 6 SE from Steve at FLO and it's expected to arrive early March. As we are all aware, the weather at this time of year is pants and observing time has to be grasped when available. I therefore want to ensure that I am kitted up and ready to go the moment the scope arrives, just in case there's a break in the clouds. However, I'm having a problem finding a flexible dew shield for this model.

Celestron don't make one, and Steve has been unable to source one for me. I've spoken to the guy at Scopes and Skies, and he's tracked down two dew shields that are made for 6" tubes. The problem is that these two shields vary in size (by a couple of inches). I therefore need to know the exterior diameter (or circumference) of the 6 SE before placing my order. On the off chance that someone reading this has one of these telescopes, could they do me a big favour and measure this for me? Alternatively, if anyone has found a dew shield that fits this model, I'd be delighted to hear about it.

Probably a long shot, but I really don't want to have to try and make one as I'm sure to make a mess of it (I know they're supposed to be simple, camping mat and all that, but they also look carp) :lol:

Thanks for any help, Martin

Archived