Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

adjustable tube dob project

ponytale

here are a few pics of my adjustable tube dob project, i am getting close to fitting my home ground mirror for test so i thought a few pics were in order.how it will work :i can slide the mirror box in and out of the rocker box to get balance point, then i lock it in place with the 4 yellow lock bolts, i can also vary the distance of the secondary /eyepiece ring by sliding the silver tubes in and out of the blue tubes and twist locking those , the trunnions are full circles so i can flip the whole thing in its bearings , i have a friction clutch on one side of the alt bearings which is the metal disc on the outside of the trunnion on pic

p1030877, the alloy plates on the sides are to lock the rocker box into the rocker box with 6mm bolts with knob on one side and a quick release cam bolt off a bike saddle stem on the clutch side, i am also making a box similar to truss tube scope which i could share the mirror box and tubes and secondary end by fitting 2 removable semi circles onto the mirror box as per sketch attatched, which may turn out to be more portable if it holds collimation . i will test my mirror first , so i can get it coated, if it is good enough , while that is being done i will clean up and paint the rest. i am hoping to motorize the alt/ az with stepper motors and arduino board .

post-18854-133877605034_thumb.jpg

post-18854-133877605042_thumb.jpg

post-18854-13387760505_thumb.jpg

truss dob2.doc

Archived