Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leo Triplet 10.5.11

jnc71106

Have wanted to have a crack at this one for a while now. Unfortunately it didn't go as planned set the camera up with eos utilities to remotely take the pics for me got it all lined up and started taking the subs

100x lights 30secs iso 800

20x darks 30secs iso800

20x bias 1/4000 iso800

Went back inside to make a brew got a bit distracted lost track of time went back outside and was only 15 pics left to go great I thought

However unknown to me my neighbour had decided to mess around in his garden late at night and had put his garden lights on

So I ended up with only 16 useable subs stacked them in dss aligned rgb saturation at 15% and adjusted levels a bit don't think I can much more to improve it. But it's all good fun at the end of the day and I learn a bit more each time I go out

all comments very welcome only way I will ever get better

post-24512-133877602609_thumb.jpg

Had a tea break tinker with your image using levels,colour balance etc. which has brought out a bit more detail but the central area seems a bit short on stars.;)

At least there is some detail in there thank you

Not sure about the star issue though maybe more subs or longer exp would have helped

Polar alignment has been guess work as I can't see Polaris from my garden have just had my illuminated ep delivered so I can now try drift alignment so longer exp will be an option if I can get drift alignment sorted

Archived