NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clone Canon AC adapter

Ive been using a homemade battery hack adapter for 18 months or so now and was always plagued by the low battery warning in EOS utils, I never found a satisfactory way round it altho Peter (Physobilly) I think did. The low battery warning had no impact on its use but it always bugged me :eek: , anyway the homemade jobby got broken and I found a cheapo complete replacement on fleabay.

ACK-E5 AC Power Adapter for Canon EOS 500D 450D 1000D on eBay (end time 07-May-11 02:54:53 BST)

It took just under 3 weeks to arrive from China/HK (not bad considering all the bank holidays) ;)

Only downside is a easy replaceable US style plug which I knew about before buying, anyway RESULT.....no more low battery and a nice shiny AC adapter icon showing in EOS utils :)

post-13224-133877599456_thumb.jpg

Glad you have it sorted...

You need about 7.8V to get 2/3rds full on the battery indicator and this may drop to 1/3rd when its really cold outside...

The 7.4V stated on the battery is the "empty" voltage its will be closer to 8.0V or even higher when it comes off charge...

Peter...

Output on the back of the adapter reads DC 7.4v 2.0A which is the same as my old adapter which only ever said low battery. I'm not gona risk opening this new one up to see what's different.

Hmmm

Maybe someone can help....I have the AC power adaptor with the skinny DC plug but not the fake battery to plug it into...

Is the only way to get a battery with the right socket to buy this unit and trash what I don't need?? Couldn't see anything else suitable on fleaBay.....

Hmmm

Maybe someone can help....I have the AC power adaptor with the skinny DC plug but not the fake battery to plug it into...

Is the only way to get a battery with the right socket to buy this unit and trash what I don't need?? Couldn't see anything else suitable on fleaBay.....

Just rip the innards from a old/cheap battery and use the casing hard wired.

Archived