Telrad on my dob

Hi

I bought a Telrad finder for my 12" dob, I was surprised at the size of it at first, is it best to remove the finder supplied with the scope and use this in its place? Or both together? It was an impulse buy :)

I was expecting a laser pointer finder to be honest.

If you can fit them, keeping both would be advantageous. You can use the Telrad to line up the scope in the right area and then the finderscope to fine tune.

Alternatively, you could just use the Telrad and a wide field low power eyepiece to find your target.

Mike

As an impulse buy you seem to have struck lucky, most everyone enthuses about the Telrad :) (Note to self, maybe it's time to get one?)

As to where to fit it, most seem to put it the other side of the finder-scope mount from the focuser.

HTH ;)

I use the both on my 200P side by side, but.....i had to remove the finder scope around a little bit to keep the two on top, easy to do it just unscrews and then you need to drill new holes for it (dont worry its not to hard) the Telrad then covers up the old holes, it all works fine for me

Archived