SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EOS clip filter conversion?

Uranium235

Hiya,

Im just wondering if anyone has tried to bodge a CCD CLS clip filter into their LRGB optical train? It certainly would save a few quid if it could be done.

I did try to fit one inside a T ring earlier but it was fractionally too large, if it could be made to fit within an M48 ring that would be better.

Cheers for any info!

Successfully bodged :D

Managed to fix it inside an M48-M42 adapter using two small blobs of glue, just enough to keep it on, and so i can fetch it off if I need to.

So its:

x.085 FR > CCD CLS > M48-M42 > FW > 314L+

I measured it up against a 1.25" filter and its almost a perfect match (apart from the flat edge on the CCD CLS) so vignetting shouldnt come into it.

Fingers crossed I get no internal reflections or halos, will find out tonight :) The reason I had to do this was last night I found that going 10 min+ without an LP filter wasnt that productive, especially on NGC7023 where long(ish) exposures are the only way to show up the dust.

Archived