NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

27th June 05..

OXO

Tonight was a cracking night even under poor seeing due to a mist and haze in the skies even at zenith.

Objects observed are..

1.M31- i could make out some dark lanes and was good in my scopetronix 18mm ep+fringe killer.

2.Perseus Double cluster- Fantastic considering it was low in the sky, used the scopetronix ep again.

3.Ngc7000- Not as good as yesterday but still good ep used was a 20mm celestron plossl

4.M27- Great nebula with 18mm ep and 2x barlow filled the view wonderfully central star wasnt in view..

5.M92- resolved stars and was good with any of my ep's

6.M13- A bit dissapointing after last night resolved stars but certaily dimmer than before..

7.M57- Tiny in the scope but quite bright at times no central star was viewed.

8.ISS- Viewed with 18mm ep hand tracked for a few secs very good!

9.Brocchi's cluster-Nice coat hanger! lol

10.Binos used- Moon,Mars, hint of uranus(no jokes andy), tried neptune not a chance lol,glipse of M45 whilst standing on top of a bin of which i nearly fell off....

All observations based around using the 102ST and CG-5 Mount unless stated.

Time for a cig and bedtime..

James out.

Very impressive James - and you even typed up the report before turning in!

Something like M31 is well suited for your new scope, with its wide field of view. With my focal length of almost 3000mm, the scope just doesn't do the object justice.

M57 was, naturally tiny but M27 seems to have put on its usual excellent showing. This is an object which tends to look good in almost any scope.

Glad M92 looked good. I think this is one of the best globulars after M13. I won't comment on NGC7000, as this is a sore point (I'm about to post my attempt to see the nebula in the Observers Log)! :x

Anyway, glad the scope is paying dividends. May it continue for a long time to come.

(Very impressive James - and you even typed up the report before turning in! ).

Thanks Andy, i typed it up because i was still buzzing from the Nights observing takes me a while to get into sleep mode saying that i am bit of a vampire(I vont to drink yar blood) sorry couldnt resist

Archived