NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A couple of interesting nights

Hobbes

I have managed to get out a couple of nights this week and despite the rather iffy viewing conditions have had a lot of fun bagging some more Messiers with my new 20x80 Revelation Bins which are great for DSO's - well worth the extra £35 quid on top of the cost of 15X70 revelations.

I have found a good spot for southern viewing about 3 minutes walk from my house on a footpath that runs round the edge of a golf course. Well sheltered from street and house lights and with nearly 180 degree view of the southern horizon. Managed to spot some of the brighter Virgo cluster galaxies tonight - yay :eek:. Also pretty sure I manged to see Titan

So there I was on Tuesday evening all setup with the tripod and bins when along the foot path come 2 guy's in a small ATV packing a couple of rifles and spotlights - lamping for rabbits or deer. I'm not sure who was more startled - me with what felt like a the sun shone in my face or them discovering some wierdo out late at night looking at the stars.

You meet all sorts doing this hobby although I decided that I would definately be happier not to be around when guy's start shooting guns in the dark so called it a night! :)

Archived