Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eye lenses and barlows

Hi all as you know I'm new here but got my first scope witch is the Skywatcher 130PM it is a great telescope as saw Saturn first time tonight and it was fantastic! But would like to get some better eye pieces the ones that came with it are great but could anyone recommend any good eye pieces to get more closer to the object more magnification if you get wat I mean?

s4cr3d,

For the ins 'n' outs of choosing EPs, you might find these posts : "Eyepieces - the very least you need" and "Understanding and choosing eyepieces" a help in guiding you through the basics.

I'd be tempted not to buy anything for now and just use what came with the 'scope. Then, with eyepiece time under your belt, you'll know what needs replacing or if there's a gap that needs filling.

HTH :)

The above link is excellent advise.

Don't be tempted to go for too much magnification though - with a 130mm scope 150x - 180x will delivery better views (ie: crisper with more contrast and resolution) than 200x or more.

When starting out everyone wants more and more magnification on the planets but experienced astronomers have learned that most often "a little less is better".

Archived