NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DOH! any one else every knocked there scope over (OTA)

Daniel-K

my scope has just fell over well more like slid i moved it out of position to get into some draws and forgot to put it back to i heard it sliding....DOH..just had to collamate it cause it was way off im guessing with the fall. thats my first accident :).

anybody got any accidents to share?

I was in the lounge after a hard days solar observing yesterday and heard an almighty crash from the dining room. I was dreading what I was going to find. The whole thing had toppled after I collapsed the tripod and left the counterweights fully extended. Doesn't look like there is any damage and it collomated okay. So fingers crossed I wont discover anything next time I am out.

[Edit] Had another look and have realised the tensioning lever on the dec was pretty loose. it must have give up, swung round and took the whole mount over.

yep, its happened twice with mine, once it tippled over and i think i screamed like a teenage girl and the other, it was barged into and knocked for 6, it rolled about 4 ft i may have screamed then too.

so now my OTA is battle damaged but lucky for me, its just the paintwork.

nobody, and i mean nobody including the new pooch, is permitted anywhere near the TAL unless they are wearing Toby's lead

I haven't knocked my scope over but while unpacking my 200P me and the wife lifted the inner cardboard box containing the OTA and didn't realise the inner box wasn't sealed on the bottom. The OTA dropped a couple of feet but luckily it was still in it's polystyrene inserts so no damage done, just needed collimating.

Archived