Need help with skywatcher 1145

Hi, im new to all this, i got this telescope for my birthday. It is an automatic tracking telescope, here is a link to ithttp://www.skywatcher.com/swtinc/product.php?id=213&class1=1&class2=109

I have a few questions:

When i set it up, it asked for my position, i have entered my long and lat, i must have done it wrong because it will not work. How can i find out my current position and how do i correctly enter it into the scope.

After i enter what i think are the find long and lat, it asks for my position for the sky (northern, western, etc...), i have no idea what one i am?

Very grateful for any help

Go to this site Lat-long-finder zoom in and centre your location in the window. Below the window is your longitude and latitude. Approximately your numbers to be entered into the handset will read something like 000 48 W 51 05 N. Your long and lat should be entered into the handset in that order and format.

Peter

Archived