Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Bruce Pickering

New Members
  • Content Count

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About Bruce Pickering

  • Rank
    Vacuum

Profile Information

  • Location
    Yorkshire Wolds
  1. Mine arrived yesterday. I already had the plastic side plates removed as the grub screws that adjust the tension needed adjustment. 2 were over tight and 1 was really loose. Having adjusted them, my new neq6 was working much better, but with the plastic covers removed it seemed an ideal time to upgrade. I ordered the eq6 rail on Sunday, it was dispatched on Monday and arrived on Tuesday. The instructions said that I needed 2 17mm spanner to remove the pivot bolts, but mine needed 16mm spanners. The rail dropped straight in and was a perfect fit, so I didn't use anything to glue it in place. I greased the rail and bar where they slide on each other with the provided grease and seated the bar on the bolt. The bolt doesn't fasten in, but sits probably 1cm inside the bar so shouldn't come apart unless the bolt is removed fully, or the head is shaken violently with the bolts very loose. After putting the head back together which was the hardest part (getting the washers back in place and the pivot bolt holes lined up) and adjusting the grub screws for what I think is an ideal resistance, the alt adjustment seems very smooth. Total job took about 15 minutes. I'll report back if we ever get a clear dark night on how it works in practice, but I'm confident that it will be a vast improvement.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.