Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

meade envisage

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

arcadian2002

arcadian2002

Vacuum

• New Members
  • 8 posts
hi chaps
i have my lx200 gps setup in my obs on a polar mount, everthing works well with the latest meade auto star /invsage sofware, i can connect to the scope wth auto star and do gotos and sync . I can also connect to my dsi2 with envisage , but have noticed that when i try to connect to the scope inside envvisage, i always get an error message , cannot connect to scope invalid ip address .Can someone please help me sort this issue out

regards
ian

brantuk

brantuk

Super Giant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,022 posts
I'm not familiar with the software or scope, however I do know a little about computers. If it's looking for an IP address then the software is assuming the device (scope) is on a network somewhere.
Is there a switch or option somewhere in Envisage to tell it to look for a locally connected device? This may also be an option to choose a port on the computer or a "virtual port" (if it's connected via usb).
Or - is the scope connected via a serial or parallel cable. Failing that there must be a forum for envisage or an FAQ page on the manufacturer website.
:D

CPC-925, AZEQ6 GT, 16" Lightbridge, AA 115EDT, 200P, LS60Tha B1200 DS60 PT, Meg72, Tal 100RS, SW  127 Mak, ST80, Skytee-2, SPC900 SC1.5, Canon10x42 L IS WP, 1000D (unmod'ed), 314L+ Mono, SX Efw, Lodestar.
Member of East Midlands Stargazers - EMS

Quote: "When you can take the pea from my hand Glasshopper, you will be ready to leave the monastery. But if you just take the p.... we'll kick you out".

brantuk

brantuk

Super Giant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,022 posts
I just found this page :

http://njstargazer.o...ith the DSI.pdf

Which says:
"

The computer is connected to the scope via the serial port to the appropriate connection for the
scope. On LX200 models, this is the RS232 port on the front of the scope, for 497 models,
connect to the free port on the handset. Envisage only communicates via serial – do not connect

to the guide port on LX series scopes" and:
"

“Connect” Envisage to the scope. (on the “Telescope” tab) It does not matter if you use the

direct COM method or the Remote Server method."

So try each method - I suspect direct com may be the one you want - remote server mode will look for an IP address.

Hope that helps :D

CPC-925, AZEQ6 GT, 16" Lightbridge, AA 115EDT, 200P, LS60Tha B1200 DS60 PT, Meg72, Tal 100RS, SW  127 Mak, ST80, Skytee-2, SPC900 SC1.5, Canon10x42 L IS WP, 1000D (unmod'ed), 314L+ Mono, SX Efw, Lodestar.

Quote: "When you can take the pea from my hand Glasshopper, you will be ready to leave the monastery. But if you just take the p.... we'll kick you out".

brantuk

brantuk

Super Giant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,022 posts
Here's another link to a thread where the chap gives a full explanation of connections and settings :

Meade DSI LPI Envisage Autoguiding on non-meade mounts

It looks like COM7 is the one you're after, or your firewall may need to let an ip address through.

Cheers :D

Edited by brantuk, 06 June 2010 - 10:07 AM.

arcadian2002

arcadian2002

Vacuum

• New Members
  • 8 posts
hi brantuk,
many thanks for looking into this for me, following the web pages you pointed to i came across the soluion .I actually need the netserver conection setup ,ths routeen
allows both autostar (scope pointng) and envsage (imageing aquision and guideing software) to both communicate with the scopes com port simutaniously . If you revistit this link ou can see the approached i overlooked , i assumed the netserver was for an internet remote scope control. heres the link https://gmx.com/dere...0/ShowPost.aspx

Once again many thanks for the input WE got thier in the end..
regards
ian

brantuk

brantuk

Super Giant

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,022 posts
Glad I could be of help Ian :D
Clear skies to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users