Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

meade envisage

hi chaps

i have my lx200 gps setup in my obs on a polar mount, everthing works well with the latest meade auto star /invsage sofware, i can connect to the scope wth auto star and do gotos and sync . I can also connect to my dsi2 with envisage , but have noticed that when i try to connect to the scope inside envvisage, i always get an error message , cannot connect to scope invalid ip address .Can someone please help me sort this issue out

regards

ian

I'm not familiar with the software or scope, however I do know a little about computers. If it's looking for an IP address then the software is assuming the device (scope) is on a network somewhere.

Is there a switch or option somewhere in Envisage to tell it to look for a locally connected device? This may also be an option to choose a port on the computer or a "virtual port" (if it's connected via usb).

Or - is the scope connected via a serial or parallel cable. Failing that there must be a forum for envisage or an FAQ page on the manufacturer website.

:D

I just found this page :

http://njstargazer.org/Autoguiding%20with%20the%20DSI.pdf

Which says:

"

The computer is connected to the scope via the serial port to the appropriate connection for the

scope. On LX200 models, this is the RS232 port on the front of the scope, for 497 models,

connect to the free port on the handset. Envisage only communicates via serial – do not connect

to the guide port on LX series scopes" and:

"

“Connect” Envisage to the scope. (on the “Telescope” tab) It does not matter if you use the

direct COM method or the Remote Server method."

So try each method - I suspect direct com may be the one you want - remote server mode will look for an IP address.

Hope that helps :D

hi brantuk,

many thanks for looking into this for me, following the web pages you pointed to i came across the soluion .I actually need the netserver conection setup ,ths routeen

allows both autostar (scope pointng) and envsage (imageing aquision and guideing software) to both communicate with the scopes com port simutaniously . If you revistit this link ou can see the approached i overlooked , i assumed the netserver was for an internet remote scope control. heres the link https://gmx.com/dereferrer/?target=http%3A%2F%2Fautostarsuite.net%2Fforums%2F3250%2FShowPost.aspx

Once again many thanks for the input WE got thier in the end..

regards

ian

Archived