Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First pics of the moon

Eri

So tonight I managed to get my new scope outside and set up with no clouds in the sky loads of random sections of the sky were pointed at and images were taken.

Password for both album links are 1234,

I shall move to a proper hosting at some point without passwords but this was free with 10gb so yeah free!!!

Star trails in this album https://t.co/6Fq7WCr3lo image 319 is my favourite in there.
Then there is also https://t.co/YCWFNUHvrt this one was actually my second attempt with imaging the moon, first set of pictures the exposure was too long but I'm rather pleased with the second set so uploaded them, I also uploaded one of the over exposure ones as it was behind some light wispy clouds and as I commented, I imagine it's being hit by a gamma ray burst
Over the weekend I'll be sitting down and collimating the scope properly then working out the proper setting up of the goto and synscan to track objects etc.

Hi

Your moon shots worked really well, and your star trail aint that bad. When you get your mount sorted you should get some good pictures. I tried last night as UKPower networks gave us an assisted darker skies but found my bulb button had broken so only got in a few good shots trying out the new glass roof during the afternoon will post a few later.

I presume you took those quite early in the night, sods law now we have power restored we have a 100% cloudy skies and all my new filters arrived from Astroboot today.

I cant help you regarding EP's I am afraid as still playing with the cheap and cheerful ones I got with my earlier scope saving like mad to buy some more. I have been coming for some beter ones did buy a cheap x3 barlow and Seben Zoom but am waiting to try them.

Geoff

My first moon pics taken last month, I had hoped for some more with my new gear or even through the refractor but those I took earlier are of too high a file size to add here. I need to scale them down in size might do that by cropping them etc.

post-47183-0-24300700-1445466056_thumb.j

Archived