Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rework of yesterday's mosaic

I did a reprocess of yesterdays data. I let AS!2 run over the AVIs overnight to get a stricter selection of 200 frames rather than 350 at much smaller AP size (50 pixels rather than 75). Although the number of APs was huge, processing time was shorter, so I may well stick with that for now (or try even smaller). I was a bit less aggressive in post-processing, and feel this version is a bit better

Grey scale:

file.php?id=11794&mode=view

Pseudo-colour

file.php?id=11795&mode=view

Partly inverted pseudo-colour:

file.php?id=11796&mode=view

And fully inverted grey scale:

file.php?id=11797&mode=view

Full scale images are very impressive but the last doesn't do it for me. How hard is it to image the suns flares Michael?

Imaging flares simply requires an element of luck: being ready with a camera at the right time. They are very bright, but short-lived. Imaging prominences, on the other hand, requires slightly longer exposure times than used for the disk

I'm sure you've captured some partial bursts on the right hand side. I didn't notice it untill after I posted. I was more intrigued with the patterns that seems to be going through the center section (just below center), the finger like patterns pointing down, quite a few of them. Very interesting.

Archived