Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyPortal problem

I'm using a CPC 800 recently purchased (and loving it) aligns perfectly on 3 bright star alignment - never failed.

Downloaded SkyPortal onto my Android tablet (Lenovo 10" Yoga2) and connects perfectly, but - Some 'slews' have a time lag, others may over-run quite a bit.

Setting up last night after first object in alignment gave ' SkyPortal not working : wait, etc' Did it twice when looking for 2nd object after starting again. While the message came up the 'direction arrows' on the tablet still made the scope move but erratically.

Question: would paying for Sky Safari be an improvement rather than the Celestron SkyPortal free app, or does anyone have experience of Sky Safari having similar type problems.

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Grampy, did you solve your issue? Ive just not the evolution 6 and used the skyportal app this weekend but did have your issue.

My issue which ill post as a seperate post is the deep sky object lables seemed to have dropped off from the app

Archived