SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rosette in Ha with the Moon overlooking

lensman57

It has been such a long time since the last clear night that I couldn't let a clear spell of just over two hours go unused even though the Moon was out and bright.

I went for the Rosette with Ha before the clouds rolled in again. I took 10 subs 3 were discarded due to the passing clouds and one good one has an aeroplane flying right through the target so I have left it in the stack and some gradients remain due to the proximity of the Moon. I am going to see if pixel math can remove it somehow using the 6 subs that are good but for now here it is .

7 X 900s subs, WO Star 71, Atik 383L+@ -22C, Baader 7nm Ha filter, HEQ5 Pro and PHD guiding, processed in PI and PS.

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-78761000-1425004506_thumb.p

Thanks Dave,

I am so glad that I managed nearly two hours of so..so data after all this time. Now my record stands at 5 imaging sessions since last NOV.

And here is the version with the aeroplane trail removed using pixel math in PI, first time that I have used the technique so at least something positive  came from all this. This version has a slightly different processing but I need to get my head together and do it right. I really don't like the compression the SGL applies to large files.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-20606200-1425041459_thumb.p

I prefer the smoother contrast in the second image. I presume the brightness at the bottom is due to the moon.  Very nice image, and beautifully framed.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Many thanks and the Moon has caused very strong gradient to the bottom right of the image which DBE is not able to correct fully. To be honest I have not tried my best so it is not PI it is my failing.

A.G

Archived