Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33

Stardust

Lovely capture of a difficult target and well done. There are 3 issues with this image that can easily be sorted out if you don't mind  me saying.

1: You have clipped the background

2: There is a strong magenta cast

3: there is an unevenness in illumination on the right hand side of the image

All these can easily be sorted in photoshop.

Here is just a quick one minute version of your posted image just to demonstrate the points.

Best Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-05582500-1419193988.png

yep much better but how do I do it?

You can play with the colour balance tool applied to a top layer. Go adjustments, level and use the shadows  eyedropper tool in the levels dialog  to set the background. If you double click the eyedropper the colour picker opens up, there you set the 3 values for r,g and b to something between 23 and 30, mine is set to 27, the best way is of course not to clip the back ground in the first place. As for the gradient I just used a single pass of the Gradientxterminator filter with the galaxy masked off and the filetr set to fine and low. there are some tutorials for getting rid of gradients on the web manually but I find them long winded. life is too short. Hope this helps.

A.G

Archived