Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter and Io shot using the Orion Electronic Imaging Eyepiece

orion25

Here's a stunning shot of Jupiter and Io from 2010 as Io transits the gas giant! Captured unguided using an Orion Electronic Imaging Eyepiece through an Orion Mak-Cass 180. Stacked a few video images using Adobe Premiere. Enjoy!

Thanks, Karl! That means a lot coming from you  :smiley:  Maybe someday I'll move up to HD, but for now, I'm happy with my results. You've gotten incredible images with your kit; you're my video imaging idol!  :laugh:

Happy imaging!

Reggie

Hello Reggie, thank you very much I'm so pleased my posts are not completely wasted and trust me your Jupiter is as good as anything I've produced!  My best view of Jupiter came from SBC-2000 also and not the HD cam though to be honest it's a lot to do with luck in this game, right time, right conditions.

Thanks again and best wishes!!

Hello Reggie, thank you very much I'm so pleased my posts are not completely wasted and trust me your Jupiter is as good as anything I've produced!  My best view of Jupiter came from SBC-2000 also and not the HD cam though to be honest it's a lot to do with luck in this game, right time, right conditions.

Thanks again and best wishes!!

Thank you and you're absolutely right about the right time and right conditions; it pays to be somewhat of an opportunist in this hobby   :smiley:

Clear skies!

Reggie

Archived