Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First clearish night with the 4s

Earl

Nice and easy setup, I didnt bother aligning as all i wanted to do was grab a look at the moon while the kids are at a halloween party... PEACE AND QUIET !!!! been a long week with them home for half term, but thankfully they have not got too bored.

Its hazy and quiet a strong warm breeze (outside in a T-shirt) the moon had a brownish tint due to the atmosphere, My plan of putting setup on a plastic cupbard we use for the kids toys was not good wobbly to say the least, I popped on the baader zoom and had to have it on the lowest power to get a acceptable image.

Condistions against me but a quick chance to test it out, not worth doing more than that, the nystagmus in my right eye is a pain, normally its not noticable anymore unless it gets triggered but i get a slight rotation in the eyepiece which does settle but comes back, not pleasant and quiet fatiguing for the eye, my left eye is lazy and really struggles through an eyepiece. thankfully visual is a side line for me, although at this point its all i have as... still no dome LOL.

Great to see you got your first go with the scope Earl   :smiley: we also had a lovely warm night here in Northampton, quite unbelievable for this time of year. However, it was a little hazy to see the Moon so I gave it a miss.

We didn't get a single knock on the door last night from "trick or treaters " or did we ignore them ?  :grin:

Archived