SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First image using new EQ mount

davidp

Hi all,

I've taken some images of the moon and Jupiter before on my tracking Alt/Az mount and 127 Mak, but I recently bought a new HEQ5 mount so I could have a go at some more challenging DSO imaging.  It was clear enough (although still pretty windy) to have a first play with this last night so I snapped a few quick picks of Andromeda.  They're weren't brilliant, but they do at least show the EQ mount is tracking reasonably well.  My main problem was that this was done from my back garden inside the M25 so light pollution is more than a bit of an issue!

post-31286-0-38358200-1413974961_thumb.j

Thanks guys,

I took 5X 30 second exposures with a Canon SLR at 3200 ISO and then did a very crude stack in Registax and a bit of playing with levels.  I can just about see some more detail lurking but I struggled to bring it out in processing as the background light pollution kept getting in the way!

I'm heading up to see family in South Yorkshire next week so I'm hoping to have a another go with some slightly darker skies.  I'm going to need to find somewhere a bit darker closer to home though for more regular use.

Archived