Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ8 First Light Guiding

ianaiken

Well I think I can see in the far corners eggy stars going towards centre of the image so this is spacing, but I don't think I can improve on that much.  I also see some other eggy stars as Olly pointed out which may be slight movement in the focuser so I need to do my test with the flat panel in various positions to see if there is movement.  I checked the subs in DSS and rotation was only 0.02

post-15076-0-53286500-1406547883_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new Atik OAG and eggy stars at the edges and N/S are gone with the revised spacing and more solid OAG in use.  The TS 9mm is good if you only have a short gap but it's not as solid as this Atik OAG which bolts straight onto the EFW2.  Well worth the investment and the helical focuser is great too.

A very rough HaRGB process of all test subs (some with eggy stars and others through cloud when not quite dark).  It's very promising.

post-15076-0-31559500-1407251685_thumb.j

Archived