Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik camera run natively on a Mac...

James

At last, courtesy of NickK us Mac users have a native app to run Atik camera's on a Mac :)

I gave it a good spin on Wednesday night and have produced two images from an Atik 460 controlled by my MacBook Pro. They're both just 10x 5min Ha subs, for some reason the second one (Horsehead/Alnitak area) is very noisy (although I'm happy with how Alnitak has turned out despite the halo).

They've had minimal processing, just a histogram stretch and a little noise reduction - the images are, to me, just proof that Nicks Atik app works :)

Both images 10x 5min Ha subs, taken with an Atik 460EX through my Borg 77EDII at f/4.3, guided with PHD, processed in Pixinsight all in Max OS X.

James

post-649-0-10558300-1386527015_thumb.png

post-649-0-92468500-1386527237_thumb.png

I will release a new version soon - it will have a couple of improvements, note - if you enable linear auto stretch it will also affect capture at the moment.. I'll change this so what is read from the camera is written directly (sheepish!).

Second change will be to move away from the use of the Apple library used to display (IKImageView - it's slow and has a reputation of being bug ridden) - the new implementation will  be a lot faster :)

Archived