Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

102 Achro vs ED 80 on Orion Nebula.

Hey hey all,

So the new Sjywatcher 102/500 Achro arrived from my friends at TS service in Germany. And i must say what a shock it was to see the Skywatcher skytravel 102/500 perform amazing on Orion nebula tonight, My Vixen ED looked sharp as always exploding with visual pleasure in HD style vieuws...but....yes a but...the SW 102 showed such a field of vieuw and even sooo much sharpness almost without any Loss in anything that my view of Orion was a shocking beautifull one as a whole. Soo much widefield around it soo much more stars to see, and all without the Nyodium filter. ..SO yes aperture is very very important and especially with the Skywatcher who optics blew me away. Even with a 3 mm Radian..minimum loss on the whole field.

A true the believer that An Good Achro with more aperture beats a bit smaller ED and that for the 1/4 of the ED price!

Rest my aperture... :laugh:

Smilez to all

S.J.

WP 20130131 008

WP 20130131 007

I'm going to be a bit of a [removed word] and say I can't wait to peek at it next week through my 120/600 frac (same factory, diff. brand) :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Glad you are happy - I just took a look out the window and I can see the smudge of M42 with my Mk I eyeballs alone. Can't wait to look at it with the upgrade!

I'm going to be a bit of a [removed word] and say I can't wait to peek at it next week through my 120/600 frac (same factory, diff. brand) :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Glad you are happy - I just took a look out the window and I can see the smudge of M42 with my Mk I eyeballs alone. Can't wait to look at it with the upgrade!

hmm There u say something,,120/600 i was thinking how wonderfull that must be,,it was the scope i bought while ago but returned thinking cant be good not even testing it..now seeing the 102/500 boy i was wrong..and an ED120 would be awesome..thats for sure as the price it comes with.. :grin:

Stil As u say..120/600 Very nice.

Enjoy my friend and thanks for bringing it up.

S.J.

I'm actually worried it's at the limit of my portability needs, and I seriously considered the one you got. In the end, a mild bout of aperture fever settled it. Probably yours will have less CA, though.

I'm actually worried it's at the limit of my portability needs, and I seriously considered the one you got. In the end, a mild bout of aperture fever settled it. Probably yours will have less CA, though.

Thats true,,,i found out that actually my size 102/500 is the perfect for transport, and sharpness, i can say i didnt witness any CA at night time,,on day time a bit blue around trees but at night..looked hard but diidnt find. Read a lot that the 120/600 is in the CA range and better would be a ED 120 but then the length problems. I have an original Skywatcher backpack from TS Service in Germany where the 102/500 fits exactly in.

Picture comes..

Sweet - does that mount handle the weight of those two scopes well?

It was amazing to see that the mount that came with the skywatch 102/500 was very very strong, holded both on all angles, was sort of try out but still it worked.

Perfect For 102/500

Good to know - I ordered mine with an AZ4, on fear of the larger OTA being less stable.

I even managed all on a Vanguard photostand, worked wonderfull and very transportable, does the job for traveling and fits outside the backpack behind the strings.

Archived