Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sun 15 August 2012 white light: WITH FLATS!

Bizibilder

A small technical improvement today as I remembered to take some flat frames and processed them in Registax with the lights. It worked too! I shouldn't really be surprised but I am. The disc is more evenly illuminated now that the "dark top" has gone and there are no dust bunnies - and, no, I didn't use the spot healing brush!! Overall quite pleased. I will write up the method and add it to my Solar imaging tutorial. Nearly forgot......Seeing was reasonable but there was quite a bit of high hazy cloud around and a strong wind blowing - its supposed to pour down later.

15August2012JPEG.jpg

15August2012AnnotatedJPEG.jpg

15August2012LongLat.jpg

Oh no , I was getting quite attached to those Bunnies............. :p

Work really well with flats Roger , is there a quick and easy way to take flats without building a lightbox such as you've done ?

And are there any settings that need to correspond to the shooting settings , ie shutter speed / ISO.

I've only just got my head round Darks but I suppose I should look at flats soon for the night stuff , I never really worried about vignetting on the Solar shots as the corners are black and cropped out.

Steve.

Archived