NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Maxim DL and Atik efw 1

myk68

Hi all

i have changed my pc and now cant get maxim to work the atik filter wheel. The ascom option is there but then taking a picture just waits for the filter wheel and never moves on to take the picture.

If I go into the settings then i get an option to connect the wheel but this never happens. I get no errors or anything useful.

the only difference is windows 7, ascom 6 and I think this is maybe it, the Atik efw2 software. I had to use this because the efw1 software needs ascom 5.5 and i seem to think i found something saying it would work as its the 'new' software.

If I use Artemis capture then all works fine so i know there are no mechanical/electrical issues.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Mike

I changed to EFW2 from EFW1 and had to change to Ascom 6 to get it to work

then EFW1 stopped working . I mentioned this to Atik support and Steve said he

would look into the problem but I never heard anything.

Davey T

Thanks for the replies guys

After thinking of biting the bullet and going back to 5.5 I found in the FAQ for ASCOM a 'dont be tempted to down grade' bit

There is a section in the profile explorer, ForcePlatformVersion and ForcePlatformVersionSeparator. If you add the exact file name you are trying to install, in this case 'Atik Setup.exe', to the list under these two headings then the required version of 5.5 next to them it installs and works absolutely fine.:o

Thought I would post this to help anyone else with a similar problem.

mike

:blob10:

Archived