Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQMod- Invalid Parameter Error on Connection

Zakalwe

Mount:- EQ6

EQDIR:-Hitec Astro

I recently had to reinstall Ascom, and upgraded to the latest version of EQMod at the same time. Now I am having a really annoying error which I can't seem to iron out.

I connect the mount to the laptop using a Hitec Astro EQDir. I then launch the EQASCOM toolbox, and hit Driver Setup which launches the EQASCOM Setup Window. I select the correct COM port and then hit Go to launch EQASCOM Run. I get an "Invalid Parameter" error and then can't shut the EQASCOM window down (hitting the original window throws up another box saying "Retry" or "Switch to". I cannot get of this screen, and it holds focus so it sits on top of any other program. The only way to shift it is to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and kill the process.

If I launch EQASCOM without going through setup it seems to work, but I have no way of changing the COM ports.

In Carte du Ciel, when I launch the Telescope Control panel if I hit the setup button it locks the program.

Any ideas guys and gals? I have removed ASCOM, EQMOD from the laptop and re-installed it countless time and I still get the same error. Everything was working fine until I put the latest version on. Pulling my hair out time!!!

9916a3f1.jpg

Archived