lynched time..........GOTO

hey guys

well im ready to get lynched, so i brought the tomatos and slingshots ready

iv got about 800 coming my way soon and im just interested in getting a goto scope.

iv got a meade ETX70 but it never worked properly and now the motors seem to av failed so nothing there no more :) iv also got a 8"dob which i love but i finding it difficult to find things expessially in real dark skys (a flood of stars) so thinking maybe a goto might help

any suggestions on any which you have had experience with?

gaz

Well, the first thing I'd spend money on would be...

Books - Making Every Photon Count - Steve Richards

Realistically, you're looking at the HEQ5 as the considered minimum mount, something like the 80ED as an imaging scope... you could go smaller on the mount, if you use an SLR and lenses...

It gets heavy, but I can lift out my HEQ5 with an 80ED, ST80, QHY5v, dual mount bar and cables, with counterweight fitted in one go. I didn't get the SynScan, but rather the SynTrek (same mount, without the goto handset) and use a laptop for goto, camera and guiding control.

Archived