NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is the Teleskop Service CCD to Canon Lense kit just a Macro Ext Kit?

mobi

Hi.I need some advice please from other CCD camera users who use a Canon or other DSLR Lense with a CCD camera for Astrophoto taking.

I recently bought this item from the German Teleskop Service website,

T2 CCD Adapter for Canon EOS lenses (EFS und EF) they sell it for 59 euros.

On the Teleskop Service website it is advertised to connect your Canon Lense onto your T-Threaded CCD camera.

But here is the BUT? Maybe someone who knows about these can help me out here if I have got this wrong.

The item Teleskop Service sent me is no different than the £8 Macro extension kits you can buy off Ebay or Amazon for "yes" £8.

Infact the Teleskop Service item is EXACTLY the same as the £8 Macro Extension Kits except Teleskop Service include a slim 2inch to Male T-Thread adaptor which is on the bottom right in the item photo on the Teleskop Service website the items URL is.

T2 Adapter für Canon EOS Objektive - nur 14,5mm Baulänge

The thin 2inch to T-Thread adaptor looks like it is worth £10 ish,

So after buying this CCD Adaptor Kit for Canon Lenses from Teleskop Service I,d be interested to know why they charge 59 Euros for what looks like an £8 Macro Extension Kit with just a 2inch to Male T-Thread adaptor included.

How can they get away with charging 59 Euros for an item that sells for £8 on Ebay or Amazon and all Teleskop Service do is add a 2 inch to T-Thread Male adaptor to connect the Macro extension tubes (and canon lense) onto you T-Threaded CCD camera??

I admit I am new to DSLR photography and CCD cameras and I did not know what Macro kits were before I bought this CCD to Canon Lense kits from Teleskop Service, I was going to buy the GeoPix Canon to CCD camera Lense connecting kit which are around £120 ish in price, I ordered one from the Teleskop Service waited about 2 weeks before I asked where it was and was told it was out of stock, no mention of this on their item page thou.

Which is why I then bought their other "So called" CCD to Canon Lense connecting kit for 59 Euros.Which is basically just an £8 Macro extension kit with a slim Male T-Thread to 2 inch adaptor inclued with an ordinary Macro extension kit that can be bought for £8 anywhere else.

I,m feeling pretty burnt.

The below url is to the same item on Amazon for £8 except the Amazon item does not have the T-Thread slim adaptor,the rest is the same.

I went and looked at the manufacturers website who make the item Teleskop Service sell for 59 Euros and on the chinese makers website it is called "Extension tube EOS AD-01255" the makers website is MASSA.

The Massa items url is

http://www.massa.com.cn/newEbiz1/EbizPortalFG/portal/html/ProductInfoExhibit.html?ProductInfoExhibit_ProductID=c373e92175d26a148f7f32bf8a352245&ProductInfoExhibit_isRefreshParent=false

Looks just like the £8 Macro Ext Kits.

Please let me know what you think for all I know I may be completely wrong.Thanks for any advice.

MACRO EXTENSION Full Set TUBES Fits CANON EOS SLR: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Archived