Leo Triplets

For the second night running clear skies and a chance to get out for a few hours was something I was not going to miss out on after a mooch about the sky I tried what I thought would have been a difficult target due to it 10-11 magnitude as advised by Star Walk on the iPad. Visually I could not see anything so I decided to try a few snap shots with the camera and on the first picture 2 small blobs appeared at 20 second exp. I increased the exp to 30 (the max I can do with my trial BackyardEOS and a 400D Canon DSLR connected together on USB) and managed to pick out all 3....

Now my problem is this the light pollution is pretty bad and the pictures I got do show all 3 in frame but its very glow affected by the LP. I know the best thing I could do is get the hell away from the lights but as that’s not possible for now and I have Photoshop and DSS what should I do to try and clean up these pictures, sorry I can’t post one now as I am at work and they are at home

Anyone got a simple step by step to try and get the best out of these pictures hopefully one that will not cost me anything as I am skint at the moment or is there something i maybe should have done in the first place other than using 30 second exp for example

Thanks for listening

G

I am not an expert on (barely competent in fact) photography but I have noticed that although many people say put the iso up as high as it goes the higher I put it the redder the sky. Apparently you can use layers to clean up your image but as to how to do that in photoshop i couldn't explain, maybe theres an online tutorial or perhaps a sticky in the imaging section sorry if i can't help but at least it brings your post up so others can read it.

Archived