Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51 with Mak 127 and Atik Titan

smerral

Last night I had another bash with the Atik Titan and Mak 127 - loads of problems arose as usual, like me tripping over cables, failing to align properly and somehow confusing the handset.... but Nebulosity I found far easier to work with than Artemis :icon_eek: . I grabbed a mixed bag of subs, many of which were discarded (tracking errors are much more noticeable at this scale of course). I haven't had time to analyse what exposures I have here - I had a collection of 30 secs to 2 min. Anyhow there are 6 stacked with one 2 minute sub. I obviously need more, but what the heck, M51's not going anywhere! :rolleyes: This is the first really decent DSO I've got with the Mak 127 too. Oh, I used the 0.5 Antares reducer too. The usual photoshopping went on afterwards - may have another go at that later..... Onwards and upwards!

m51-mak-atik2.jpg

I'm currently using Nebulosity as it works on both Mac and Windows. The only difference is that the Windows version supports more cameras - including the ATIK 16ic. The Mac version only seems to support quicktime devices thus only about 1/4 of the cameras!

Nebulosity is nice software. It doesn't list the Atik Titan specifically but it works under the Atik 3xx series. I've noticed it refuses to de-mosaic Titan colour images on the fly, though this isn't really a problem as I can capture them in raw and de-mosaic later....

That's because of the structure of the applications isn't really written todo multiple things simultaneously - which is it's Achilles heel in my view.

In tech talk it's using a modal wrapper around a common set of functions to allow it to work on Win & OSX without maintaining a large code base for the UI. The downside is that it has none of the OS specifics that could make it faster and able to support things simultaneously.

Archived