Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M26C and DSS Debayer Settings

Hello

I just joined stargazers lounge and am a bit unsure of how to proceed....but have a question about DSS,

I have the Starlight Xpress M26C and DSS requires that it knows the type of Bayer matrix for colour imaging. Any ideas ?

Thanks...

Astromonk

I don't know DSS or the camera but this is the issue; the Bayer Matrix has red, green, green, blue filters as I'm sure you know. But the stacking software does not know which one is, say, at the top left hand corner of the image so it doesn't know whether to call it red, green or blue. You need to find out and tell it.

In AstroArt I just bunged in a picture of the kitchen and tried different 'offsets' on each axis until the colours came out right. The offsets just describe which pixels get which colour attributed to them.

I imagine DSS must have an offset adjustment somewhere so try the permutations till one works out. An unambiguous colour pic, probably non astro, might make this easier.

There are a few things to watch in OSC processing. Flats need to be debayered. I do this in astroart by going to image-shift and applying a shift of 0.5 on each axis.

Stacking should be done after debayering and dark/flat calibration and hot pixel filtering. My OSC really does need the hot pixel filter whereas it has little effect on my mono.

I dare say DSS just does all this in the right order, I don't know.

Olly

Archived