NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Screwed laser collimator wrong way, end has come off!

I've definitely got some kind of directional dyslexia, always turning things the wrong way!

Used skywatcher laser last night and turned the end wrong way to turn off and now its in 2 pieces. Will try to fix it in daylight today but is this terminal?

Yes, the same thing happened to mine. Fortunately it was under warranty so it was replaced. There was an article on laser collimator's in Sky at night magazine a while back, I think they commented then that their one felt loose. I paid a bit more and brought the Baader one which is really nice and solid.

GW

Cheers Graham, yes mine is under warranty. The screws were obviously loose, 2 fell out into the grass have found one and now trying to figure out how it goes back together, taken battery out looks like something needs to come out so the metal collar around the switches can be fixed back with the screws.

Archived